Saturday, January 9, 2010

I hit the Motherload


So, I am all about upcycling anything that I can use. I hate to see anything go to waste when there are so many things that ordinary items can be turned into. I have had several books of fabric samples and wall paper samples given to me by some of the local stores here. Big thanks to The Peddler and Bella Vista Fabrics in Murfreesboro, TN for the books. Between the two places this is how many fabric samples that I was able to save from the trash. I do still have to peel all of the paper from the backs of each piece of fabric. I will try to save as much fabric as possible but have found last night that some of the fabrics are just not savable from the paper so I just had to cut around them.

I don't know exactly what I will do with all of this fabric but I do have some ideas. I would love to make hang tags for my items out of them. I think they will be great sizes for that. Other than that, I am not sure what I will do with them. The sky is the limit though. Please feel free to comment if you have any suggestions on what to do with this fabric. Since it is mainly upholstery and drapery fabric, I am kind of limited since it is all spot wash only.

But the plan is to finish up taking off the paper and go from there. Wish me luck
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment