Friday, February 19, 2010

Fabulous Feature - Cindy Williams - EmbroideryByCindy

Hello there. I just recently joined Team EtsyKids. There is a wonderful group of talented ladies who make items for infants and children. It amazes me how much talent there really is. People say that sewing and crafting is a lost art but these ladies in this team debunk that myth.

I am going to start doing features on the members in the group. Please check out this featured etsian and pass the info along if you like her work.

I interviewed Cindy Williams for this weeks interview. She is the shop owner of EmbroideryByCindy. She is so talented. I love embroidery and the fact that you can personalize her products! I love personalized baby items. If you have a facebook page please become a fan or her work at http://www.facebook.com/EmbroideryByCindy. You can also contact her via email.

My favorites from her shop

(click photos for listing and additional photos)

Applique Goldfish Shirt or Onesie - Embroidered Personalized Whale Applique Shirt or Onesie - Embroidered Personalized Custom Guitars Shirt or Onesie - Personalized Embroidered Applique

It was so hard to pick just a few of my favorite items because she has so many adorable outfits. She also sells bibs and burp cloths.


Interview Questions

Here is what Cindy had to say :)

What made you choose to start your business?
I wanted to make cute things for my daughter to wear, and soon started also making things for her friends. After a lot of encouragement from friends/customers I listed some items on Etsy and have had a lot of success there.

How long have you been crafting and/or running your business?
1 year

What inspires your creations?
Holidays, special events, things that my daughter likes, customer ideas

Do you have children of your own? Is so, what kinds of things have you created for them?
I have a 2-year-old daughter. I have made her birthday shirts as well as shirts for every major holiday, eg. Halloween pumpkin, Thanksgiving turkey, Christmas tree, Valentine heart.

What is your typical workday for your business?
I check email/orders in the morning, and then embroider items during my daughter’s naptime. I sometimes spend a part of the afternoon or evening finishing up orders, or I get caught up on them during the weekend.

What does your studio space look like?
I have a desk setup in our guestroom for my embroidery machine, with a dresser beside it to store my blanks and fabrics.

What do you do to get in the creative mood/groove?
Whenever my daughter takes a nap I retreat to my sewing room.

What are 3 words that you would use to describe your creations?
Cute, Fun, Unique

What is your favorite item in your shop right now?
cupcake shirt -- I made it for my daughter’s best friend’s upcoming birthday. It has fluffy chenille for the “frosting” and 3 candles.

(Click photo for listing and additional photos)

What are you most popular items?

Big/Little Brother/Sister sets, and Birthday Number shirts

(Click photos for link to listing and additional photos)

What is your most memorable sale?
A local boutique found my Etsy shop and ordered several valentine heart shirts to sell in their store.

What is the best advice that you have for someone looking to sell their creations?
Relist/renew something on Etsy at least once per day to keep your shop visible. Participate in the Etsy forums. Start a page for your business on Facebook and post pictures of your finished projects, new designs, etc. Join a group, such as EtsyKids.


1 comment:

  1. Good Morning!

    I have Photo Tagged you!

    Check out this link:
    http://seawillowherbs.blogspot.com/2010/02/photo-tagged.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete